Adult Education 2021 Ed Code Cleanup & Proposed Reforms
CAEAA, in partnership with CCAE, has identified what we believe to be issues that ultimately result in confusion, frustration, and less services to students across the California Adult Education Program. In response, we are proposing to “clean-up” current K-12 Adult Education Ed Code and implement new Ed Code language that:
- Aligns existing K-12 Adult Education Ed Code with CAEP Ed Code while preserving Ed Code that defines Adult Schools and their operation under a K-12 school districts
- Increases accountability on consortium spending or lack there of while providing grace through a two year planning and implementation window and honoring local regional decision making.
- Increases transparency around Adult Education related funding (received and expended) to provide for more robust consortium conversations around funding.
- Provides a new state level process to deliver funds to directed funded K-12 members on a more timely basis.
- Provides a new performance based accountability model that can be customized by local regions to reflect local priorities.
|Click Here to Download "Adult Education 2021 Ed Code Cleanup & Proposed Reforms Documentosed_reforms_v7.pdf|
|File Size:||343 kb|